Monday, August 25, 2008

Swimming Dogs BEWARE

This is a warning to all that use swimming as an exercise for your dogs to get in shape..... Today I took Rugby and Kona to the Grand River to swim out their excess energy; I had my coffee, they bounced in the river banks and fought the fast current. For a good 45 minutes they chased sticks in the water, watched the water foul take flight, and had a wonderful old time.

Kona, my rescued Rottie, has just discovered that swimming is just about the best thing in the world besides maybe pizza crusts and his daily walks. What he doesn't get though, is that although river water is SO much fun to play in- it is not meant to be gobbled up in large doses!! All went well Rugby and Kona both got pulled into shore, had their Timbit treat, and had a leisurely afternoon of play.

BUT THE STORM BE A BREWING IN THE TUMMY OF KONA....ARRRR

So I'm relaxing from my crazy day and just chilling on the couch, the turbulent tummy storm of Kona hit right about the time when I'm getting sleepy. I got the wake up call i never want again; had I any wallpaper it would have been falling off the walls. This big pile of sweet dog has turned (in less then 12 hours) to a foul smelling brewery of dog tootery!!! I had to leave the room it was so rotten.

I will give him that being a Rottweiler he has no muffler (aka tail) but what really puzzles me the most in all of this is....


How is it that dogs have one of the most keen sense of smells of all animals - and yet Kona didn't even lift his head once during the stench storm....

No comments: