Sunday, September 7, 2008

Parrot

<---- This is Kona and Parrot.

Anyone that knows me, knows that I spoil my dogs with all the best collars, beds and toys. I have bought toys to entertain them, stuffed toys, squeaky toys- countless dollars on every type of gadget for my fuzzy kids.

Parrot is a squeaky rubber toy that entertains my "killer" Rottweiler (and by killer i mean he will roll over and MAKE you pet his belly for hours). This stupid little parrot makes the most annoying sounds and smells like latex, so guess what naturally became Kona's absolute favorite toy? I did not scan the stores for hours, or order it online, or find a unique specialty store that only carries eco-friendly dog toys. Parrot came from the left overs of a garage sale. My neighbors had a yard sale; weird that no one would buy this ugly toy, and so he came to rest in a box that said "free stuff" by the curb. 

I found the little squeaker in the box and thought hmm I'm sure one of the 4 dogs will like it. (Call me a garbage picker if you want). Kona doesn't play much- its sad but I don't think in his past he learned this skill. He is slowly learning and Parrot has been the key to open that part of his life. He throws that poor rubber thing for ever, drops it and pretends parrot is stalking him, and then pounces to get the upper hand. 

Go figure a free rubber ugly parrot was all it took to bring the puppy out of my 120 lb Kona, while the toy box filled with paid for toys sits collecting dust. Stupid parrot.

No comments: